The Complete Guide to Exness Trader App for Beginners
Register and Create an Account on Exness Trader App
You can now register with Exness while you’re on the go. All you need is the Exness Trader App and an email address.
Watch our video or read on to find out all about getting started with this app:
- Set up your Exness Trader App
- Create an account
- How to use the app if I already have an Exness account
Set up your Exness Trader App
- Download Exness Trader from the App Store or Google Play.
- Install and load Exness Trader.
- Select Register.
- Tap Change Country/Region to select your country of residence from the list, then tap Continue.
- Enter your email address and Continue.
- Create a password, noting its requirements. Tap Continue.
- Provide your phone number and verify it by entering the code sent to you.
- Create a 4-digit passcode, and then enter it again to confirm.
- You may be prompted to set up biometrics if available on your device, or you can skip this step.
- A prompt to make your first deposit will present, but you may skip this.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed and set up Exness Trader.
Create an account
Upon registration, you will be given a demo account (with USD 10 000 virtual funds) and a real trading account. You will be asked for the preferred account currency for the real account which cannot be changed later. You can try your hand at demo trading or make a deposit into the real account to get started.
Alternatively, you can also create a demo/real trading account of your choice. Click here for detailed instructions.
How to use the app if I already have an Exness account
If you already have an Exness account: follow the steps as normal, but instead of choosing Register in step 3, choose Sign In and enter your account credentials. Thereafter, simply follow from step 8.
Once set up, we recommend verifying your account so that you can make use of all of Exness’s features.
How to verify your Profile
You can complete Exness profile verification on the go with the handy Exness Trader app. It is both straightforward and time-efficient.
Let us take you through the steps:
Verifying your identity and address is an important step that helps us to keep your account and financial transactions secure. The verification process is just one of a number of measures that Exness has implemented to ensure the highest levels of security.
1. Verify your phone number
The first step to completing your profile verification is entering a valid phone number. This is done when you are registering your account or can be completed by clicking the Profile icon at a later point in time.
Once you register with a valid email address and set up a Personal Area password, you will be prompted to enter your phone number.
- Enter your phone number. Tap on Send me a code.
- Enter the verification code received on your phone.
- Hit Continue.
2. Fill in your personal information:
Tap the Profile icon.
- Under Account, tap Complete Verification.
- Fill in your details like name, date of birth, and address
- Hit Next.
3. Complete Economic Profile
The next step in the verification process is completing your economic profile. This includes answering some basic questions about your source of income, the industry of profession, and trading experience.
Fill in the details and tap Next.
4. Verify your Identity
Identity verification is very important in order for us to make sure we can prevent any identity theft or fraud.
To verify your identity:
1. Select the country of issue of your Proof of Identity (POI) document and then select the document.
2. Make sure the document meets the below requirements:
- It is clear and readable.
- All four corners are visible.
- Any photographs and signatures are clearly visible.
- It is a government-issued document.
- Accepted formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, or PDF.
- Each document size should not exceed 15 MB.
3. Upload the document and tap Confirm and Proceed.
Your document will be reviewed and your account status will be automatically updated. You will receive a confirmation by email when your Proof of Identity document is successfully verified. You may then proceed to verify your residence, or you can do this later.
5. Verify your residence
Once your POI is verified, you can proceed to upload your POR.
To do so:
1. Go to the Profile icon on the top of the screen and locate Account.
2. Tap Complete Verification. Make sure your document meets the below requirements:
- It is clear and readable.
- It is recent (issued within the last 6 months).
- It contains your full name and residential address (PO boxes are not usually accepted).
- All four corners are visible.
- It is issued by an independent, reliable source.
- Accepted formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG or PDF.
- Each document size should not exceed 15 MB.
3. Tap Upload Proof of Residence and upload the document, then Next to complete.
Your document will be reviewed and your account status will be automatically updated.
Exploring your Personal Area on Exness Trader
Congratulations on successfully downloading the Exness Trader App.
We’re glad you did.
With the Exness Trader, you carry the convenience of mobile deposits, withdrawals, and transaction verification wherever you go, with an ever-growing list of exciting features to discover.
Watch the video below for a tour of the Exness Trader mobile app.
Exness Trader Key Features
- Manage your Exness trading accounts, including demo accounts.
- Full mobile trading experience
- Transact on the go, with deposits, withdrawals, and transfers.
- LiveChat with support
- Economic News features, with articles, analysis, and more.
- Multiple in-app languages are available.
- And much more to discover...
You can even suggest a feature you would like to see implemented with the Exness Ideas Portal within the app.
Note: features available for iOS and Android are the same, but there can be limitations depending on the relevant storefronts; for example, iOS currently offers the WebTV feature, while Android does not.
Managing your Personal Area Setting
The Exness Trader App helps you access and manage your Personal Area on the go. Let us take you through all the ways in which you can do that.
Once you successfully register an account on the Exness Trader App, you will be able to enter your Personal Area to view the home screen. This tab has a lot of exciting features to grab your attention, including viewing the market trends on your favorite trading instruments at a glance.
Managing your accounts
At the top of the home screen is the section where you can see the trading accounts you already have and also create more if you wish. Click on the dropdown at the top to choose between Demo, Real, Partner, or Cryptocurrency accounts and swipe on the section below to view your account.
You will be able to view the current equity for each of your accounts and either Trade, make a Deposit, or Withdraw funds from this screen. Tap on the account of your choice to open up its settings. On this screen, you can edit details like leverage and trading password set for that particular account.
To create an additional account, click on the dropdown and select Create new account. For details click here to read our detailed article.
Below the account section, you will find multiple tabs that contain the market instruments categorized into various groups. Toggle between the categories to find the trading instruments of your choice.
Once found, swipe left on an instrument and tap on the star symbol to mark it as a favorite.
All symbols marked as favorites will appear in the Favorites tab, making it easy to study market trends at a glance.
On the tab right next to home, you will find very valuable trading signals from Trading Central, giving you insights into the expected trends for trading instruments. Tap to elaborate the report on the prediction and hit Sell or Buy to place a trade from this screen itself.
Tap on the Favorites only toggle to view the signals only for your instruments of choice.
The in-built Economic Calendar (provider: Fx Street News) on the Exness Trader App shows you the major financial occurrences in different countries that may have a potential impact on its currencies.
It is possible to filter these by country and volatility by tapping on the icon in the top right corner of the screen.
The News tab contains important financial news from all over the world delivered to you in the app itself, to make your trading decisions a bit simpler. Tap on a news headline to read the entire article and hit Sell or Buy to place a trade from this screen itself.
Tap on the Favorites only toggle to view the news only for your instruments of choice.
Setting up Alerts
Alerts is a feature designed to keep you posted on the market movements of your selected instruments, so you do not have to miss any trading opportunities.
To set up an alert, swipe left on any instrument in the Market Watch and hit the bell icon. Alternatively, you can also hit the bell icon in the top right corner of an instrument page. Set up the details and tap Set alert.
The Profile tab gives you access to manage a lot of useful functions as listed below:
- Complete account verification
- Share your partner link
- Use trader’s calculator
- Set up user preferences like your trading terminal of choice, notifications, app language, and security settings
- Access to the Help Centre
- Join a live chat with the Exness Support Team
- Access to company legal documents
- Suggest a feature you would like added to the app
- Log out of the app
Making A Deposit on Exness Trader
In this article, we have put together a simple guide to making a deposit using the Exness Trader app in a few easy steps.
To make a deposit:
- Tap the Deposit icon on your account on the main screen. If you would like to read in detail about locating your account, you may read this article. Alternatively, you may also click on the account to bring up the settings. Tap on the Financial Operations icon on the top right to bring up the options. Click Deposit.
- Choose a payment method from the listed options. Note that the payment methods available may vary based on your Personal Area’s registration location. To filter the instant methods, switch on Only Instant Methods.
- Fill in the necessary details which include the amount you wish to deposit and the preferred currency. The deposit limits (if any) will be displayed in the app for your convenience. Tap Continue.
- On the confirmation page, check the details and click Confirm. You will be redirected to the payment method’s site to complete the transaction.
- Once completed you will be able to see details like transaction ID and the status of the transaction.
That’s it. You have now learned how to make a deposit on the Exness Trader App.
The Exness Trader app offers a built-in trading terminal that has been developed by our in-house developers from scratch. You can use this to trade on your MT5 accounts (both demo and real), without having to download a trading platform app separately.
How to built-in Trading Terminal
If you intend on trading on MT4 accounts, you will need to download the MT4 mobile application from Google Play or the App Store to trade. You will be redirected to this app when you hit Trade on the Exness Trader app.
Let us get to know the built-in trading terminal. In this article, we will be covering:
Accessing the trading terminalYou can find the Trade icon in the account box for the selected account of your choice. Choose any MT5 account (demo or real) and tap Trade to be redirected to the trading terminal. Alternatively, you can also tap the Sell or Buy buttons on other screens, for example at the bottom of a Trading Central article or at the bottom of a news article.
The application saves your login details when you create an account; thus there is no need to enter your login details separately.
Top Menu functions
1. Accessing instrumentsYou can tap on the ‘+’ symbol to view the categories of instruments available for trade. Choose the category of your liking and tap on the instrument to add them to your main screen. Once added, you can switch between instrument tabs.
You can also find your favorites (watchlist) under the star category in the categories displayed for quicker access to your preferred instruments.
2. Viewing chartsTap on the chart symbol to bring up the chart options. The trading terminal offers the following types of charts:
- iOS - Line and candle
- Android - Line, bar, and candle
3. Using IndicatorsTap on the Indicator icon to choose from the available indicators (TC indicator, Moving Average, Bolinger bands, and Parabolic SAR).
Note that additional indicators cannot be added on the Exness Trader app.
4. Setting up timeframesBeside the chart symbol, you will find the timeframes symbol for you to choose the preferred timeframe. Tap on it to bring up the options and tap on the one of your choice.
5. EquityYour account equity is displayed on the top of the trading terminal.
6. Deposit functionTap the Deposit icon to make a deposit into the account.
7. Orders overviewThe orders icon located next to the Deposit icon gives you access to your order history. Tap on it to bring up details of your open, closed and pending orders.
The following information is displayed in the History (Closed) tab:
- Total Profit/Loss (for the selected period)
- Number of closed orders
- Total Trade Volume (in USD)
When placing a trade from the trading terminal, follow the below steps:
Placing a trade
- Set up the desired trading volume under Lots. The Margin will be displayed under the trading volume to give you an idea of how much funds will be held.
- The Sell and Buy buttons on the bottom display the current bid and ask prices beneath them, respectively. The spread is displayed in a small box in between the selling and buying prices.
- Tap Sell or Buy, as per your preference.
- Set up your desired Take Profit and Stop Loss; note that this is optional. Tap Confirm to place the trade.
- If you wish to open at a different price (pending order), set up your desired price under Open at, then follow step 4.
Switching trading accountsAnother great feature of our Exness Trader app is the ability to switch trading accounts while trading.
To do so:
- Tap on the dropdown next to the displayed balance on top of the trading terminal.
- Select Switch account.
- A list of your MT5 trading accounts will be displayed, categorised into Demo and Trading accounts. Tap the account you wish to trade on.
To exit the terminal, select the arrow button on the extreme top-left section of the area, which will prompt you to confirm exit.
Exit trading terminal
Making A Withdrawal on Exness Trader
Here is a guide to making a withdrawal using the Exness Trader app.
To make a withdrawal:
2. Choose a payment method from the listed options. Note that the payment methods available may vary based on your Personal Area’s registration location. To filter the instant methods, switch on Only Instant Methods.
You may notice that you see a lot of payment methods that you haven’t used to make a deposit before. Although you will be able to initiate a withdrawal using any method displayed, failure to comply with the Exness policy of using the same payment method for deposits and withdrawals may result in your transaction being rejected.
3. Fill in the necessary details and tap Continue. The information required to be entered may be different, based on the payment method you select.
4.Enter the verification code sent to your security type. Tap Submit.
5. You will then be taken to the confirmation page with details of your transaction.
That’s it. You have now learned how to make a withdrawal on the Exness Trader App.
Exness Trader: Internal TransfersInternal Transfers are currently only available for accounts within the Personal Area (PA).
To make a transfer:
- Go to the account you wish to transfer from, and tap Transfer.
- On the next page, you will be asked to select the account number you wish to transfer to and the amount. Enter these details and click Next.
- A verification code will be sent to your security type. Enter this code to confirm the transaction.
Exness Trader: Your Account SettingsThe Exness Trader application can come in handy when you want to change account settings on the go.
In this article let us take you through these details:
Locate your accountIn order to change any settings, you will need to first locate your account. The account dropdown on the top of the main screen allows you to switch between demo, real and partner accounts. To find your account, click on the right category and then toggle between the presented accounts until you find the right one.
Clicking on an account will open up a list of settings.
Change leverageYou will be able to see the leverage already set for your account. If you wish to change,
- Tap on the displayed leverage and choose your preferred leverage.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code sent to your security type.
- Click Verify.
Change trading passwordTo change the trading password for an account,
- Tap Change trading password.
- Enter the password of your choice as per the displayed requirements. Tap Continue.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code sent to your security type.
- Click Verify.
Exness Trader: How to Edit NotificationsYou can edit the kind of notifications you receive from Exness Trader. Let us show you how.
To edit notifications:
- Click on the Profile icon. Tap Notifications.
- You will be presented with a list of services you can receive notifications for. By default, they are all checked. If you wish to stop receiving notifications for a certain service, you may uncheck it.
Exness Trader: How to add a watchlist (favorites)Adding an instrument to your list of favorites (previously known as watchlist) is a good way to ensure that you do not miss out on the price action of the instruments you are following.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to the Exness Trader App and, by default, you will see a list of popular instruments added to the Favorites tab
- To add to this list, tap on any instrument group tabs such as Crypto, Metals, etc, or All to see the complete list of instruments offered for trading in Exness.
- Swipe left to reveal the star option. Click on the star to mark an instrument as a favorite. For RTL languages, swipe right. Alternatively, you can open instrument details and click the star at the top of the screen.
- Similarly, to remove an instrument from the favorites list, swipe left and uncheck the star.
To create an additional account (MT4 or MT5), click on the accounts dropdown at the top of your screen to bring up the options. Then follow these steps:
Exness Trader: How to create an additional account
- Tap Create new account.
- Choose Demo account or Real account.
- You will be presented with the accounts that are available under each type. Tap on the one you prefer to create.
- Set up your preferred account currency, leverage, and nickname. Hit Continue.
- Set up a trading password as per displayed requirements and tap Continue again.
Exness Trader: Where can I find details of my Partner Account?Your Partner account can be found in the Accounts dropdown menu at the top of your screen. Tap on it to bring up the options and click Partner Account.
Click on the account displayed to find the following details:
- Your Partner Account number
- The balance in your account, along with the option to withdraw.
- Total commission earned
- Total clients under your referral
- Your Partner link, with an option to copy for sharing purposes. You can also tap on Invite Friends to share a direct link to download the Exness Trader application to your friends and acquaintances.
Exness Trader: Why can’t I find my account currency while making depositsDepositing in the same currency as that of your trading account may seem ideal but isn’t always possible because certain payment methods only support specific deposit currencies.
For example, your account currency may be IDR but your payment method only accepts deposits in USD or EUR. In such a case, the deposit amount will be credited into your account as per the conversion rates at that point in time.